In this week’s news: Birthdays and the January Story Pledge Challenge
There is a day to go in the December Birthday Cards, so if you're very quick there's still time! Or perhaps your birthday is in January? In that case you can find the January birthday cards here... Don't forget to put in a request for a drabble!
Not sure what the birthday cards are about? Have a look at some older stories written as birthday cards.
January Story Pledge Challenge
Don't forget: any story that you post at HASA in January and that is in some way linked to The Hobbit can be entered. All we ask is that you don't post it anywhere else until February. Enter the Challenge and help put HASA in the black for 2013.
Here are some suggestions to help you along:
Book-based - backstories, side stories, after-happily-ever-after stories:
- Belladonna Took – what about those adventures?
- How did Thráin end up in Dol Guldur?
- Where does the Trolls' loot come from?
- Was Legolas at the Battle of the Five Armies?
- Did Bilbo and Aragorn/Estel meet in Rivendell?
- How did Gandalf, Saruman, Elrond and Galadriel root Sauron out of Dol Guldur?
- What did Bard do to re-establish Dale?
- When did Balin get it into his head to try and refound Khazad-dûm?
- Write the back-story for a deviation from the book (Azog, the Elves of Mirkwood paying homage to Thrór, why is Thranduil riding a moose, ...)
- A recipe-fic involving Rhosgobel Rabbit
- The White Council meeting in Imladris
- Anything to do with Radagast
- The tunnel path to Rivendell
- Stone giants, what makes them tick?
- Gollum killing the goblin with a rock instead of strangling it
Authors, here are the rules for stories:
- It must be a new story, never having appeared for the general public on any other web site
- It must be 500 words or more in length (combining drabbles is fine, length allowances made for poetry)
- It is posted exclusively to HASA in January while the Challenge runs
Readers, here are the rules for pledging:
- The pledge is per completed story posted to the Challenge - you can't specify that you'll only donate for an Elf story or one with Gollum in it, for example)
- A minimum of $1.00 per story
- No minimum on the total amount you're willing to pledge
The challenge starts January 1, 2013 and runs through January 31.
Thank you for reading at HASA. Have fun!